The Business Development Manager must work to improve the organization position in the market and achieve financial growth. The BD Manager will be responsible of defining long-term strategic goals for the product, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions. Business Development Managers will work in a senior sales position within the company. The job will be to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and service engineers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue of the organization. The BD Manager will need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. Business Development Managers will also have to manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. The BD Managerwill have to be in constant touch with the clients and make presentations on products that meet or predict the clients' future needs.
Major roles to be performed:
New Business Development
- Market Research to grabopportunities and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging network.
- Indentify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization
- Build relationships with the new clients
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's principals.
- Work with team to make quotation as perclient's needs, concerns and objective.
- Negotiatewith the client to persuade them appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with technical staff and internal colleagues to meet customer needs as a result of retaining the client.
Business Development Planning
- Present and consult with the Senior Level Management on business trends with a view to developing new potential market for the product.
- Identify opportunities that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, indentify and develop the company's core competencies. Take advantage of the competitive advantage.
Management and Research
- Submit monthly progress reports
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM
- Forecast sales target and ensure they are met by the team
- Keep a track and record of quotations submitted to close deal and thereby meet the targets
- Work with sales engineer to ensure that prerequisites of vendor registration are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light
- Present business development training and mentoring to sales engineer and other internal staff
- Find the training needs of the sales engineers and provide training accordingly.
- Understand the company's goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company's performance.
- B. Sc /M.Sc in Physics or Chemistry or B.Tech/ B.E in Electronic Engineering/Instrumentation and an MBA is preferable.
- More than 5 to 10years of experience in Marketing and Sales Management
- Candidate based in Mumbai, Baroda, Delhi, Kolkata
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge in Word and PowerPoint.
- Good Presentation skills.
- Time Management Skills.